Lougheed Town Centre
Full-Time Assistant Manager
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUPERVISES: All Associates
Objective: To assist the Store Manager in maximizing store sales and wage cost through strategic and successful business management by ensuring customer satisfaction and associate development. Achieves this objective by being a strong and respected role model to all team members who meets the Company’s 7 Corporate Objectives and adheres to the Corporate Values.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and Succession Planning:
- In partnership with the Store Manager, ensure good recruitment and hiring decisions are made with a sense of urgency and a commitment to hiring the best talent.
- Assist in having a well-staffed store with skilled and experienced team members who can meet company expectations.
- React with a sense or urgency to recruitment needs while utilizing all tools available.
- Ensure a commitment to retaining talent by creating an environment where associates feel valued and respected.
- Consistent and strategic commitment to succession planning.
- Retain the best talent through a commitment to fair and just management practices.
Sales and Wage Cost:
- Ensure store meets sales plan and effectively utilizes available resources to maximize business opportunities and responds strategically and promptly to fluctuations in the business.
- Ensure store Prestige Card Sales are met.
- Provide strategic and successful support to ensure successful Inventory Management.
- Assist associates in meeting the sales objectives.
- Assist in Wage Cost management thorough effective scheduling and a clearly defined strategic response to controlling wage cost as sales fluctuate.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Ensure all customers have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience at all times.
- Ensure the store is NCO at all times, including the back room and washrooms.
- Ensure all team members are committed to providing friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Respond appropriately to customer inquiries and concerns and makes decisions, whenever possible, in favour of the customer.
Training Coaching and Development:
- Provide fair, ongoing and effective training and coaching to all store level associates so that they can successfully execute their jobs.
- Assist in developing associates for internal promotion through effective career pathing.
- Partner with the Store Manager to hold team members accountable through a fair and consistent performance management process.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, counsel and effectively resolve team performance issues through effective coaching, utilizing coaching logs, performance improvement plans and the Development Resource Library.
- Is knowledgeable in and uses all available training resources to maximum benefit. Ensure all associates trained in S.T.A.R
- Ensure the store consistently meets and adheres to Health and Safety policy guidelines by creating a safe work place.
- Ensure visual presentation and marketing strategies/direction are implemented as per company direction within required timeframes.
- Effective participation and execution of Visual Launches.
- Solid understanding of fashion colors, fabrics, trends and designs
- Ensure store achieves shrink target and inventory results.
- Ensure Loss Prevention policies and practices are adhered to in order to reduce internal and external loses.
- Ensure Systems policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Effectively utilize time management skills to react with a sense of speed and urgency to get the job done promptly and efficiently while meeting the company objectives.
- Physically demanding work in a store environment
- Standing on your feet for a long period of time
- Lifting and ladder climbing required.
- Degree or certification in Retail Management, Business Management or 2+ years experience in retail management.
- High school diploma required.
- Effective leader and communicator who is professional and reflects company values in both attitude and attire.
- Outstanding Customer Service skills
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision