Lougheed Town Centre
Part-Time Sales Associate
POSITION TITLE: Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Objective: To assist in meeting the store’s sales objectives and to ensure customers have a positive and memorable shopping experience by adhering to NCO standards.
- Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Training Coaching and Development:
- Be an active participant in his/her own training.
- Put into practice what he/she has learned.
- Is a team player who displays excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Follows training directions as assigned by the management team.
- Adheres to corporate Health and Safety policy requirements and contributes to a safe work place.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Ensure all customers have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience at all times.
- Ensure the store is NCO at all times, including the back room and washrooms.
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable service on merchandise including benefits and features.
- Project professionalism and company image in both attitude and attire by adhering to dress code practices and all corporate polices and practices.
- Respond positively to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Effectively utilize time management skills to react with a sense of speed and urgency to get the job done promptly and efficiently while meeting the company objectives.
Sales and Wage Cost:
- Assist in ensuring store meets sales plan
- Promote and encourage Loyalty Card sales.
- Ensure visual merchandising and marketing strategies/direction are implemented as per Management direction within required timeframes.
- Effective participation and execution of Visual Launches.
- Effective and ongoing maintenance of Visual Merchandising standards.
- Solid understanding of fashion colors, trends and designs.
- Adhere to Loss Prevention policies and practices in order to reduce internal and external loses.
- Adhere to Systems policies and procedures.
- Working Conditions:
- Physically demanding work in a store environment.
- Standing on your feet for a long period of time.
- Lifting and ladder climbing required.
- High school education.
- Previous retail experience an asset.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Worker Duties Sections of the Applicable Provincial Acts and Regulations.
- The employer may include health and safety rules specific to the workplace.