Lougheed Town Centre
Part-time/Full-time Team Leader
POSITION TITLE: Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUPERVISES: All Associates in the absence of Management
Objective: To assist the Store management team in maximizing store sales through strategic and successful business management by ensuring customer satisfaction and successful Visual Merchandising. Achieves this objective by being a strong and respected role model to all team members who meets the Company’s 7 Corporate Objectives and adheres to the Corporate Values.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and Succession Planning:
- Successfully at identifying potential candidates.
- Assist in attracting candidates for recruitment
- Assist in retaining the best talent by contributing to creating an environment where people feel valued and respected.
Sales and Wage Cost:
- Assist store to meet sales plan
- Implements direction as assigned by the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager
- Assist in meeting Prestige Card Sales.
- Provide support to ensure successful Inventory Management.
- Assist associates in meeting the sales objectives.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Ensure all customers have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience at all times.
- Ensure the store is NCO at all times, including the back room and washrooms.
- Ensure all team members are committed to providing friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Respond appropriately to customer inquiries and concerns, making decisions in favour of the customer.
Training Coaching and Development:
- As required, assist in providing training and coaching to store associates so that they can successfully execute their jobs.
- Assists in associate STAR training.
- Assists in ensuring the store meets and adheres to Health and Safety policy guidelines by creating and contributing to a safe work place.
- Responsible for identifying concerns and reporting them to the management team.
- Leads store in the absence of management.
- Ensure visual presentation and marketing strategies/direction are implemented as per company direction within required timeframes.
- Assists in ensuring effective maintenance of visual presentation standards in the store.
- Effective participation and execution of Visual Launches.
- Solid understanding of fashion colors, fabrics, trends and designs
- Assist in store achieving shrink target and inventory results.
- Assist in ensuring Loss Prevention policies and practices are adhered to in order to reduce internal and external loses.
- Ensure Systems policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Effectively utilize time management skills to react with a sense of speed and urgency to get the job done promptly and efficiently while meeting the company objectives.
- Physically demanding work in a store environment
- Standing on your feet for a long period of time Lifting and ladder climbing required.
- High School diploma or working towards a high school diploma and 1+ years experience in retail management.
- Degree or certification in Retail Management, Business Management a definite asset
- Effective leader and communicator who is professional and reflects company values in both attitude and attire.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills